Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Twisted Tour Day Three!

I'm really excited to get to participate in the TWISTED Tour for Gena Showalter's new release! Today is my stop, so welcome to anyone who might be new to this blog!

And if you're new to Gena's YA books, here's…

twisted_cover_small-2011-08-24-10-03.jpgThe 411 on TWISTED: His vampire girlfriend might have brought him back to life, but he's never felt more out of control. There's a darkness within him, something taking over…changing him. Worse, because he was meant to die, death now stalks him at every turn. Any day could be his last.

Once upon a time, the three souls trapped inside his head could have helped him. He could have protected himself. But as the darkness grows stronger, the souls grow weaker—just like his girlfriend. The more vampire Aden becomes, the more human Victoria becomes, until everything they know and love is threatened.

Life couldn't get any worse. Could it?

 







TWISTED Tour Author Quiz: When I Was a Teen…

 1.What did you do during your “Best Night Ever” as a teen?
web-2011-08-24-10-03.jpg
My Senior Prom Photo. 
My best night ever? I had a lot of great nights, and the funny thing is, the ones I remember best aren't centered around a big event but just… hanging out with my friends and being silly. Take my Senior Prom, for example. It SHOULD have been the Best. Night. Ever. I had a gorgeous dress, that I'd designed and made with my mom. AND, I was going with my good "friend." By which I mean the guy with whom I was friends despite having a crazy crush on him even though he was totally not interested in me that way. He'd graduated the year before, so he was OMG in college. And on the swim team. But I'd gotten a terrible sunburn the weekend before, and I'd reached the itchy peel stage, just in time for the fancy dress. (Also, did I mention the unrequited crush?)


2. What musical act topped the charts?
I'll tell you what toped MY charts was LOVE SHACK, by the B-52's, and to this day I cannot sit still when it comes on. It's, like, the law or something.

3. What was your favorite outfit to wear then that totally mortifies you now?
All jeans were Mom Jeans: high waisted and unflattering. I went through a torn sweatshirt phase. And the blazer with the pushed up sleeves. Oh, and I had an asymmetrical haircut at one point, too. It was kind of punk rock, though, so not so bad as all that.

4.What was the most overused expression by you and your friends?
"Awesome." It's STILL my most overused word.

5. What did you think you would be when you “grew up?”
A writer! Even though my high school guidance counselor told me that was unrealistic because my spelling was so bad. (She predated spell check. And, you know, ball point pens.)

So, here's the official contest deets:



How do you define the “Best Night Ever?” Does going on a mini shopping spree for a chic new outfit, dinner out with your bestie and seeing your favorite music act live in concert sound like it would do the trick? If so, read on!

To celebrate the release of, TWISTED, the third book in her Intertwined series featuring Aden Stone, Gena Showalter is rocking out with her author buds on The TWISTED Tour. The tour spans almost two weeks and 11 author websites, including this one, from August 22nd through September 2nd. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded all the essentials for a perfect night out, including:

- $250 Ticketmaster Gift Card
- $100 American Eagle Outfitters Gift Card
- $100 Visa Gift Card for Dinner
- Glam Urban Decay Makeup Gift Set

A Second Prize winner will receive an autographed set of Gena’s Intertwined series, including INTERTWINED, UNRAVELED and TWISTED.

HOW TO PLAY: Visit www.knightagency.net/twistedtour.php and check the tour schedule. Visit the sites of each author on their assigned tour date and locate the concert ticket image.

At the end of the tour, fill out the form on the aforementioned TWISTED Tour contest webpage by matching the images you found to the authors’ websites that they were located on before Sunday, September 4th at 11:59pm ET. The winners will be randomly drawn and notified on or around September 9th, 2011.

Good Luck & ROCK ON!

hearttix-2011-08-24-10-03.jpg

6 comments:

  1. wow, thanks for having this contest,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, you haven't aged a day from your prom picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Julie, but I'm just one stop on this cruise. :D Be sure to collect all the other "tickets" to enter--the link in the post has the full list of stops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, it's my picture in the attic. :-D

    (It's the ONLY picture I like from high school! I wish my parents had taken pictures of just me in that dress that evening. Not that my date isn't handsome, but I worry what he'd think of having his picture on the internet. What if I get REALLY famous some day? People might try and track him down!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary! Its Madeleine from the DFW Writers Workshop. Just wanted to stop by and say hello and also that I read Texas Gothic and I looooved it!! Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (The teen workshop) :]

    ReplyDelete