Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Appearances

We interrupt this travelogue to advertise a couple of appearances by yours truly. (Why does ‘truly’ looks so weird? Spellcheck says it’s right.)

Tonight (Thursday, 14 October) I will be in Scottsdale, AZ at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore to help celebrate the release of Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Here’s the deal (it’s kind of cool): They are livestreaming their book tour, and at each stop, they’re being interviewed by a fabulous guest author. Tomorrow, it’s me! The details are here on their website, and I hope that if you’re knocking around, looking for something to do on Thursday, you’ll come out and see us.

And if you’re anywhere ELSE, you can watch the event online here. Tune in at 4PM MST. (I think that’s 5 PM central... you can figure out the rest.)

If you’re not familiar with Kami and Margaret’s book(s), they are spooky and as Southern Gothic as they come. So if you are a fan of The Splendor Falls, you will probably really enjoy Beautiful Creatures (the first book) and it’s sequel. It’s their party, but I don’t think they’ll be offended if you want me to sign a book or two, too. (My own books, that is. Obviously.)

Saturday, 16 October, I will be in Balch Springs (near Mesquite and Dallas, TX) at the Weekend Reader Book Shop. (Here’s a map.) I will be signing starting at 11am and going until... oh, 1ish, or I run out of steam. They should have copies of Prom Dates From Hell and The Splendor Falls, as well as the rest of them. This is a great little bookshop, so even if you have all my books (or, you know, you hate my books or something), stop by and say “Hi.” It’s a nice place to do some early holiday shopping. (And we know that books make the best gifts.)

I am very sad that I will not be at the Texas Book Festival this weekend! I will be driving THRU Austin on my way to Boerne. (Time for Mom’s and my monthly trips to start again; Dodging Duck, here I come!)

Next weekend, 23 October, I will be in Tulsa, OK, on the University of Tulsa campus at the Nimrod International Journal’s Conference for Readers and Writers. Whew! That’s a mouthful. I’m speaking on Legends: The Hero’s Journey in the YA Novel.

And then I have to hurry home for A. Lee Martinez and Sally Hamilton’s wedding! (Cause that’s how cool I am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment