Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday

Do you like how I’m coming up with some really creative blog titles this week? That’s because the new book is going to have chapter titles instead of numbers, and all my title creativity is going there.

Of course, right now those titles are something along the lines of:

Amy Falls Down a Hole

and

Phin and Amy Fight. Again.

Is this making you want to read the book?

I must be feeling pretty confident about the rewrite, because usually I don’t like talking about my projects until it’s in the can, so to speak, and I can’t waffle any more. (Yes, I’m a pancake girl, until it comes to my writing, and then I am the World’s Biggest Waffle.)

Take for instance the chapter:

Nothing Happens In This Chapter

which after a full day of work was subsequently titled:

Big Major Clue Buried Deep In This Chapter

but then became:

BMC Buried TOO Deep

which lead all the way back to the newest title:

People Will Think Nothing Happens In This Chapter And Mock Me On the Interents.

And on that note, I will get back to work on the latest chapter:

Scary Ghosts Are Scary. Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. This just made my day! I didn't think it was possible, but I'm looking forward to ArmadilloCon even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a fellow waffler, great post! And those titles totally made me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete