Wednesday, September 10, 2008

TV Rambles

Watched Fringe last night. Reeeeeaaaaally liked it. Wasn't sure I was going to get past the melting people on the airplane (What is it about JJ Abrams and planes?) but ended up completely engrossed. Since Lost lost me after the first season, I feel like I'm taking a chance here. But for now, I'm hooked.

Yes, I know I'm a freak because I don't like Lost. I also *hate* Desperate Housewives, and I'm sort of ashamed of my brief flirtation with Grey's Anatomy, like that guy you're sort of enamored of until you find out that there really isn't anything interesting underneath the surface charm.

I'm on and off again with House. I liked the first season, then his whole downward spiral got TOO too. But I watched last season in reruns over the summer, and the whole thing with the 30 intern elimination really hooked me back in. I think it really freshened the formula back up, which it needed.

I still haven't watched last week's Bones. I'm saving that as a reward to myself when I get my rewrites done. I confess, I watch that show for Bones and Booth. I don't even care when it doesn't make sense. I missed Terminator, too, but managed not to record it, either. I'm going to have to download that one.

What am I forgetting. By the way, my friend Candace Havens is blogging about the new TV season. In addition to being the author of fun, sexy books about kick-butt heroines with complicated love lives, she's also an entertainment reporter. (Which is how I saw the first two episodes of Tru Blood, which I will blog about in a separate post.)

See, this is why I have to get caught up on work. I love the new TV season, when everything has the possibility of being awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment