Monday, June 2, 2008

June Resolutions

Hey! If you’re a teen (or know one), I’m a guest author type person on the Random Buzz message boards. This is Random House’s message board for teen readers. There are discussions on all kinds of book-related topics, so check it out, and stop by my author’s corner and say ‘hi.’

A new month, new resolutions. May was backward month with almost everything around here. To whit:
  1. Book weight. Other people have baby weight, I have book weight. This is a by-product of my writing style, wherein the last two weeks before a book is due, I spend every waking hour (and some non-waking ones) on the couch in my study, eating whatever keeps me going, drinking a ton of coffee (which is not bad) and Cokes and Mocha Latte Frappacino things. (i.e., carb and caffeine delivery system) If I could just mainline sugar and caffeine intravenously it would save me a lot of trouble.

    For some reason, every book it gets harder to lose. (My mother was nice enough to point out that this is because I’m OLDER with every book. Thanks, Mom, for the warm fuzzies.) Anyway, I rejoined the Y, and I’ve gone off white food (white bread, white rice, white pasta, white sugar, etc.) again. That worked really well for me last time, but I can’t think about it too much or I start craving pancakes and sushi. (Though not together.)
  2. The dog. For some reason, Lizzie has backslid on her housetraining. Now, I have to admit the other night, after I watched a movie that scared the bejeezus out of me (which I’m not going to tell you what it was, because then you’ll know how really LAME I am), I told Lizzie that if she went on the rug I did not care, because I was NOT taking her outside until the sun came back up. Of course, having permission must have taken the fun out of leaving me a present, because we made it through the night without incident of any sort (dog or ghost related).

    Part of the problem is that she spends her outside time hunting for earthworms (She’s obsessed with eating earthworms. At least I don’t have to worry about her not getting enough protein.) and eventually I get fed up and bring her back inside. So then I watch her like a hawk to see if she goes to the door, but eventually I have, you know, things to DO. And Lizzie WILL go to the door, but only for a nanosecond, and so if you’re not looking at her that moment… I need to teach her to ring a bell, so I’ll actually hear her. At least mother’s sausage dog scratches at the door so I know to let her out.
  3. Let’s just say car repair and vet bills and leave it at that. Is there a Murphy’s Law that says if you indulge yourself on something fun, your car or other necessity will break down the moment you’ve taken luxury purchase out of the box and can no longer return it?

So June’s resolutions are: Stay on Diet. Work out Thrice Weekly. Go back to the Crate with Miss Dizzy Lizzie. Stop buying stuff.

Any summer resolutions for you guys? Weight loss? Tan? Page count?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE sushi! And it is pretty healthy, though expensive.

    ReplyDelete