Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If wishes were horses...

Total laziness today. On the message boards over at Random Buzz, I asked the posters if they could magically grant themselves something, what would it be. Several people said "happiness," which I thought was very cool. It sort of covers all the bases, if no matter what's going on in your life, you could be happy. I think if you're upbeat, it makes it easier to either endure or fix things than if you just want to crawl in a hole and die. (Been there.)

Anyway. I'm much more shallow. Here's my answer, and my new question, because I'm curious what you guys have to say, too.

Now, I could wish for a lot of things. Like the ability to make words go from my head to the computer screen without my having to type them. How lazy is that!

But something that would be WAY cool is the ability to teleport anywhere, instantly. I would love to travel all over the world, especially to places that are difficult or maybe even dangerous to go to. I think that seeing other places, and how other people live is one of the most enlightening things you can do, but travel is a luxury that many people can't afford, especially nowadays.

That's the great thing about books, though. You can go anywhere, even places that don't exist.

So here's your new question: If you could visit or live inside a book, what book would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment